POSITION TITLE: Trailer Technician
REPORTS TO: Shop Manager
LOCATION: Tampa , FL
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Maintains service operations by inspecting and maintaining vehicles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, Including, But Not Limited To:
- Check/correct tire pressures
- Preventative maintenance inspections
- Maintenance of shop tools and equipment
- Tire repair and replacement
- General vehicle repair
- Component replacement and adjustments
- MIG welding/cutting experience preferred
- Trailer service and maintenance
- Lights and brake repair
- Diesel engine experience a plus
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or GED (preferred)
- Must have own tools
- 2-4 years experience and/or technical school graduate (preferred)
- Working knowledge of basic systems and components
- Basic understanding of shop tool use and safety
- Shift differential pay when applicable
- Must have valid Florida driver’s license and good driving record. May be required to drive company service truck.
- Must have a clean background and be able to pass a drug test/physical and agility test.